Thursday, December 3, 2015

Lots going on

G'day y'all,

There's a lot going on in my life lately. Yesterday was my last official day as a postodoc in Bernie Degnan's lab at UQ. Two years went by really quickly.

I just finished packing up all of my stuff and later today I'm moving away from Australia and heading to Antarctica for a research cruise onboard the R/V Polarstern in the Weddell Sea. You can follow the track of this ship here:
http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shipposition.phtml?call=DBLK 



I'll be in Antarctica for two months and some change sampling marine invertebrates and then my new position as an assistant professor and curator of invertebrates at The University of Alabama begins.

I'll try to be a better blogger during the cruise but I'm much better at facebook...

Cross your fingers for good weather in the Southern Ocean.
Kevin


No comments: